Thursday, May 13, 2010

In my last post I wrote about the special bond my mom and I share. I didn't mention that she writes beautiful poetry...but she does. I wanted to share the poem she wrote for me almost twenty years ago...for my 30th Birthday.

Looking Back

How could I know at age twenty
What God already had in His plan?

How could I know that He'd give me
A daughter, a helper, a friend?

How could I know how I'd love her
That her presence would change my whole life?

How could I know how soon someone
would claim her and make her his wife?

I know that I thank the Lord daily
For a daughter so lovely and true.

And I pray that I've been since age twenty
The right kind of mother for you.

She signed it, "Thank you being such a wonderful daughter and friend for the last thirty years.
I love you, Mom"

1 comment:

Capri K @ No Whining Allowed said...

That is precious, a keeper indeed.