Monday, March 16, 2009

Today (finally!) is Michigan at its finest. The sky is blue, the sun is shining brightly, the air is warm, the birds are singing...and I'm blessed enough to be home to enjoy it! The exhilaration we Michiganders feel at the first blush of spring is almost worth enduring the long, dreary winters.

I flew this morning. God allowed me to work with a sweet Christian who I haven't had the pleasure of flying with in a long time. It was great to catch up and exchange prayer requests in the brief time we had. Two uneventful flights, full of apparently sleep deprived passengers and an early arrival back into Detroit. It doesn't get much better than that.

When I got home I couldn't get my uniform off fast enough and into my outdoor pajamas. I grabbed my MP3 player and walked up to the library. My friend Stacey had recommended a book and I was intent on finding it. I had gone on the library's website and tried to locate it (with no luck) and when I got up there I tried to find it on their computer. Turns out I didn't have the correct spelling of the author, but you would have thought the title would still have done the trick. Giving up, I decided to browse through the Christian book section to see if anything else "caught my eye." I turned down a row I don't normally go down and there (right before my eyes!!) was the book. It was definitely a God thing. I love when God does stuff like that. I can't wait to read it.


"May flowers always line your path, and sunshine light your day, may songbirds serenade you every step along the way..."

2 comments:

Tammy Faye said...

I got excited for you just reading this because I know how much you enjoy your walks to the library. But, more importantly, I got excited about our great God who winked at my beloved Laurie. Remember when that missionary on my flight said that true fellowship is making God bigger to one another? Thanks for making Him bigger to me even though we are miles apart.

Capri K @ No Whining Allowed said...

That was a nice kiss on the cheek from God!!
Oh, it was a Bee-You-Ti-ful day!! Bring on the spring!